Aviva Canada purchased and renamed Scottish & York Insurance Co. Ltd. and Pilot Insurance Company and starting from 2008, these two companies started to operate under the new name of Aviva Scottish & York and Aviva Pilot.
The Aviva Group also includes the following: Aviva Elite, Aviva Traders, and S&Y Insurance. In addition, Aviva Canada owns the following insurance mediators: Insurance Agent Service, Ontario Insurance Service Limited (OIS), as well as Insurance Broker’s Limited.
Aviva Canada also acquired the National Home Warranty Group of Companies.
Aviva Canada Insurance Claims
Aviva Insurance policyholders, whether it be personal or commercial insurance can expect the following steps when they are making a claim:
- Call and Report. Call Aviva directly at 1-866-MY AVIVA (1-866-692-8482). This service is available 24 hours a day, all year. If you have an insurance broker, you also have the option to report the claim to your broker.
- Claim Assessment. The policyholder claims can either be handled by phone if it's simple enough, or Aviva will send an adjuster so that your claim can be better evaluated. The adjuster will be the one to assess the claim, the details of the loss, and provide an estimate should it need repairing.
- Getting You Back on Your Feet. The claims will be managed by Aviva’s claims specialists, and, depending on the type of loss, repairs or medical care will be arranged through Aviva’s network of medical professionals and vendors.
- Claim Settlement. Once the claim has been determined, Aviva can pay the policyholder directly or pay the vendors that were arranged to help you. Policyholders may have to pay a deductible depending on what type of coverage was purchased.
If the claim is not urgent, personal policyholders have the option to submit their auto or property claim online through the Aviva website.
Aviva Canada Insurance Contact
Aviva Canada can be reached through any of the means below:
Contact Claims: 1-866-692-8482/1-866-MYAVIVA
General Inquiries: 1-800-387-4518
Mail: Aviva Canada Inc,
10 Aviva Way Suite 100
Markham, ON L6G 0G1
Email Form: Should you wish to send an email, you can use the email contact form found at the Aviva website.
Aviva Canada lists the following value propositions for their company:
- Industry Expertise in Auto Insurance: Aviva Canada prides itself as an expert of personal and commercial auto insurance coverage. They offer options like emergency vehicle replacement, comprehensive coverage, new car guarantee, roadside assistance as well as accident forgiveness.
- Superior Claims Customer Service: Aviva Canada prides itself for a 93% claims satisfaction rate. It guarantees that if a policyholder is not happy with the service they received during a claim settlement and that the situation cannot be fixed, they will pay an amount that is equal to the annual premium of the policy on top of the amount of the claim settlement.
- Home Insurance Expertise: With over five hundred thousand homes covered by Aviva Canada, you can be sure that they have a policy that will best suit the needs of your house as well as $1 million in personal liability. Aviva Canada offers a program called Ovation in most of the provinces to protect high-end, expensive homes, vehicles, and other valuable assets.
- Coverage for Businesses of All Sizes: Whether you have coverage needs for small to mid-size businesses as well as businesses with industrial risks, Aviva Canada has the right type of coverage to map your requirements. It offers what it calls a “prime coverage,” which includes coverage for a wide variety of risks, as well as provides companies access to resources and tools in risk management.
Aviva Canada is licensed to underwrite insurance in Canada in the following places:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territory
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
In addition to Canada, Aviva also provides insurance to countries in Europe and Asia. Other countries Aviva is licensed to underwrite are:
- Hong Kong
Aviva Canada provides personal and commercial insurance. Some of the products that it offers are as follows:
- Vehicle Insurance for Auto, Motorcycle, Snowmobiles, RV, Classic Cars
- Property Insurance: House, Condo, Tenant, High-Value Houses, Cottages,
- Horse insurance
- Hole-in-One ( For Golf Tournaments)
- Home Sharing
- Ride Sharing
- RV Sharing
- Lyft Ride-Sharing
- Travel Insurance
Aviva provides coverage for businesses that fall under these industries: automotive, construction, professional services, educational organizations, hospitality, manufacturing and wholesale, realty, retail, transportation, and logistics.
- Property and Liability
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Privacy Breach Coverage
It offers a program called Aviva Onpoint for small businesses and Aviva Enterprise for small to medium enterprises.
Not Quite What You Were Looking for?
If Aviva Canada doesn’t quite match your requirement, you can always head over to Cover LLama to find other insurance options that might better fit your personal and commercial insurance needs.